Explore the winding roads from Stellenbosch to Hermanus and beyond - set against a backdrop of awe-inspiring scenic wonders, blessed with abundant wildlife and pristine sandy beaches. Experience the creative vibe of informal settlements, the grand elegance of our wine farms and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of our diverse people. Orientate and familiarise yourself with the Western Cape`s hotspots and even visit a few local secrets along the way.
Duration: 2 Days
Guide (Language): english
Start City: Cape Town, South Africa
Guaranteed Departure: No
Trip Rating: 0%
Trip ID: 159050
End City: Cape Town, South Africa
|Duration: 2 Days||Guaranteed Departure: Yes|
|For lovers of:||Traveller Tour Rating: 0%|
|Your Guide: English speaking||Tour code: 159050|
|Starts: Cape Town, South Africa||Finishes: Cape Town, South Africa|
Cape Town to Cape Agulhas:
Today you will get picked up from your selected Cape Town or Stellenbosch accommodation.
Today you will do the following:
- Kayamandi Township - A guided walking township tour.
- Wine tasting with cheese and chocolate pairing - Take a visit to come of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines, pairing them with locally produces cheeses and even chocolate!
- A lunch stop in Franschhoek
- Finally you will travel to the most southern tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas, where the Atlantic and Indian Ocean meet.
Tonight you will stay in your backpacker or 3* accommodation in Cape Agulhas.
Hermanus to Cape Agulhas to Cape Town:
Today you can choose how to spend your morning - either by relaxing in the beachside town of Hermanus or taking a walk on the wild side and shark cage diving in Gansbaai!
- Hermanus - This is a fanstastic area to spot whales from the shore (whale season Jun - Nov)
- Shark Cage Diving - (Optional with extra cost) For those of your who are brave at heart it is an early start to go cage diving with the Great White sharks.
- From here, all passengers will travel to Betty’s Bay where you can get up close and personal to a colony of over 500 African penguins in their natural habitat.
- Your last stop is at Clarence Drive for a scenic route along the False Bay coastline.
You will travel back to your selected Cape Town or Stellenbosch accommodation by early afternoon.
Accommodation will vary depending on the time of year.
Backpacker accommodation will usually have a communal kitchen to prepare food.
3* guesthouse accommodation will include breakfast
Trusted by travellers since 1979
We guarantee to beat any price
Low deposits, Book now. Pay later.
24/7/365 Help on the road
Trip Name: Winelands and Whale Coast
Duration: 2 Days
From Price: 222
Trip Code: 159050
We will be in touch shortly
Date of Birth: